October Holiday Club Dates & Activities
The October holiday club dates and activities have just been released and they include an exciting range of trips and activities. Please click on these links to find a complete day by day guide to whats on when
FREE TASTER DAYS
If you are new to our service or just want to try our clubs out why not come for a free taster day. Please contact Sonia on 07340963722 or Jennifer on 07340964903 to arrange a day that suits you and we have spaces available.
STARS – Students That Acquire Recreational Stability
STARS provides short breaks for Parents/Guardians of young people with severe complex health and learning needs. We ensure a 3:1 support ratio independent client service. Our staff have expert and experienced knowledge of support required for conditions such as; Angelman’s syndrome, autistic spectrum disorders, asthma, behavioral disorders (i.e. emotional and behavioral immaturity), mood disorders, Down’s syndrome, gluten/wheat/dairy intolerance, diabetes, epilepsy attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, to name a few..
All staff and volunteers are required to undergo verification by the Disclosure & Barring Scheme. The safety and welfare of our young people is paramount.
Our services include a range of facilities and activities for young people with severe complex health and learning needs. The young people have access to facilities like a soft play area, Sensory room, outdoor play area, swimming pool and gym. These areas are specifically adapted to enable inclusion and encouragement, “Boosting Self Esteem”. There are activities such as cooking, arts and crafts, computers, community outings and various workshops (i.e. pottery, music, mobile zoo).
The young people are rewarded for their achievements, an awards evening is held annually.
STARS services include :
STARS I After School Club
STARS II Youth Club
Ages 11-18 years
Ages 16-30 years
Tuesday and Thursday 3:25pm - 5:25pm (school term time only)
Wednesday 6:30pm - 8:30pm (school term time only)
STARS Holiday Club
Ages 11-25 years
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10:00am - 3:00pm (during school holidays)
STARS Buddies Holiday Club
Ages 8-18 years
Monday - Friday 10.00am - 3.00pm (during school holidays)
Further information to follow shortly
STARS I/II After school and youth clubs
During term time these operate from the Bridge School, Secondary Campus, Sprites Lane, Ipswich offering a wider range of activities.
Fee structure changes and session costs
(as of 1st September 2015):
STARS After school club
Bring your own support £ 7.50
General support £15.00
1:1 support £20.00
STARS Youth club
Bring your own support £ 6.00
General support £12.00
1:1 support £16.00
STARS and BUDDIES Holiday clubs
We operate two holiday clubsoi
1. STARS Holiday club is for 11-25yrs and runs on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 10-3pm. the club is held at the Bridge School, Secondary Campus, Sprites Lane, IPSWICH IP8 3ND
Prices depend on the level of support required as below:
Bring your own support £20.00
General support £35.00
1:1 support £55.00
2.BUDDIES Holiday Club is for 8-18yrs and runs Monday to Friday from 10-3pm. The club is based at Thomas Wolsey School, Defoe Road, IPSWICH IP1 6SG Venue and the prices are:
Bring your own support £20.00
General support £30.00
Regular/Frequent Care £40.00
1:1 support £55.00
n the STARS and Buddies clubs Club Dates
The next STARS/Buddies Holiday clubs run in October 2016 half term.
Please book your place by calling STARS Orwell Mencap on
Tel: 01473 556230
Bookings for Holiday Clubs
- Holiday dates will be advertised on this website
- Booking requests will need to be made by the deadline stated, prior to the holiday clubs.
- Places will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
- When bookings are made through Activities Unlimited you will need to wait for confirmation of the actual number of days allocated to you. This will be communicated via Orwell Mencap prior to the holiday clubs commencing (approximately two weeks).
- The attendance dates will be confirmed through either email or letter depending on your individual preference. You have a right to cancel your service at any time. However, a minimum of twenty-four hours’ notice is required to ensure you do not incur a charge for the service.
- Please inform us as soon as possible of your decision to cancel a session. We understand unforeseen circumstances occur, so as much notice as possible will be beneficial to all those involved. Allowing us to re-allocate to another young person.
- Once you have received your allocated dates if we do not hear from you we will assume your attendance and you will be invoiced for the service.
- Always book in advance for holiday clubs.
Please feel free to contact us for further information regarding this service.